How do I start my workers’ compensation claim?
In order to receive Workers’ Compensation, you must file a claim with the Workers’ Compensation Board and fill out a C-3 form. Our law firm is experienced in helping injured workers get the benefits they deserve.
What constitutes a “Grave Injury”?
Under New York Workers’ Compensation Law Section 11 “grave injury” means one or more of the following:
- permanent and total loss of use or amputation of an arm, leg, hand or foot;
- loss of multiple fingers;
- loss of multiple toes;
- paraplegia or quadriplegia;
- total and permanent blindness;
- total and permanent deafness;
- loss of nose;
- loss of ear;
- permanent and severe facial disfigurement;
- loss of an index finger; or
- an acquired injury to the brain caused by an external physical force resulting in permanent total disability.