Workers’ Compensation FAQ

How do I start my workers’ compensation claim?

In order to receive Workers’ Compensation, you must file a claim with the Workers’ Compensation Board and fill out a C-3 form. Our law firm is experienced in helping injured workers get the benefits they deserve.

What constitutes a “Grave Injury”?

Under New York Workers’ Compensation Law Section 11 “grave injury” means one or more of the following:

  • death;
  • permanent and total loss of use or amputation of an arm, leg, hand or foot;
  • loss of multiple fingers;
  • loss of multiple toes;
  • paraplegia or quadriplegia;
  • total and permanent blindness;
  • total and permanent deafness;
  • loss of nose;
  • loss of ear;
  • permanent and severe facial disfigurement;
  • loss of an index finger; or
  • an acquired injury to the  brain caused by an external physical force resulting in permanent total disability.

Ratings and Reviews

I finally got the right lawyer a bulldog and a shark!

After firing my old lawyer who wouldnt return my calls or messages after I had surgery my cousin told me about a lawyer not scared to fight! Miss G and the secretaries were happy to talk to me about my case and now I am waiting for my check! I tell everyone in a car…

- (5 star review)

Chrissy Grigoropoulos, Esq.Reviewsout of reviews
Attorney client Satisfaction Award 2 years - 2016-2017