IMPORTANT INFORMATION: for filing motor vehicle accident claims in NY for injuries as a result of motor vehicle accidents, the time limit is three (3) years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit.
In order to receive medical treatment for your injuries through “no fault insurance” YOU MUST file your “no-fault application” within thirty, (30) days, beginning from the date of the accident.
Many motor vehicle accident victims may not be aware of “no-fault insurance”. According to New York’s state laws, relatively minor injuries do not count in compensation claims. If the injuries you suffered in a car accident are minor, then you can’t sue the driver for compensation. Instead, you can apply for no-fault benefits that include lost wages and medical expenses. This should be filed within 30 days from the date of accident.
Motor vehicle accidents are the most common types of accidents that occur in New York. Motor vehicle accidents can lead to serious personal injuries, property loss and unfortunately, sometimes even death. These accidents may occur due to the negligent operators of the vehicles.
The injured party has the right to sue the responsible driver for compensation.
If you have been hurt in a motor vehicle accident, there are many confusing laws, and you could end up with less compensation than you deserve if you chose the wrong attorney! We will work as a team, by your side fighting for what you deserve!
Serious car accident injuries occur every day. The impact a car accident can have on an individual and their family can be tremendous. Motor Vehicle accidents can cause an individual to sustain high medical costs and suffer permanent adverse effects, both personally and professionally, on their daily lives and income earning capabilities.
The investigation and litigation of serious car accidents and their resulting injuries is very complex and costly. In view of this, it is advised that you contact both a physician following a car accident and a car accident lawyer with experience.
If you are a victim of a truck accident, you might be able to receive compensation for injuries, property damages and lost wages. Proving that the truck driver committed negligence means you possibly have a case. This is why it is necessary to consult a motor vehicle accident attorney after you have been hurt in a truck accident.
Were you hit by a motor vehicle while “on foot”? Pedestrians can be seriously injured when involved in a “pedestrian knock down” with a car. The driver may have been under the influence of alcohol or drugs or driving recklessly. If you have been hurt in a pedestrian accident and are unable to travel the Grigoropoulos Law Group will come to you and advise you of your rights! Contact our firm today to speak with an experienced New York motor vehicle accident attorney.
Motorcycle / Bicycle Accidents
Bicycle and motorcycle drivers are prone to severe accident injuries, as they do not have the physical protection (No-Fault coverage) provided by a car. If you have been hurt in a bicycle or motorcycle accident contact our office to come in and speak to an attorney today!
Have you been injured in an accident due to a drunk driver? Contact The Grigoropoulos Law Group PLLC for help with your legal case against the responsible party.
Common causes for motor vehicle accidents
- Speeding: Speeding is one of the major causes of motor vehicle accidents. Many drivers neglect the speed limit and become the causes of major motor vehicle accidents.
- Distracted driving: Talking on cell phones, changing radio stations, sending text messages etc. come under distracted driving. These acts do not come under criminal acts, but still can lead to accidents.
- Driver Fatigue: Some commercial drivers work overtime and become tired. They may feel sleepy and have difficulty concentrating on their driving.
- Drunken driving/ Driving under influence of drugs: Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs is very dangerous, as drugs and alcohol can impair the driver.
- Improper weather conditions: Sometimes improper weather conditions like heavy snow, rain or fog can make a vehicle skid and cause an accident.
- Improper maintenance of vehicle: Neglecting regular maintenance of a motor vehicle can lead to sudden failure of certain important parts of the vehicle, leading to accidents.
- Improper turns/ wrong way driving/running red signals: Ignoring road rules like running stop signals, driving through wrong way and taking right or left turns where they are not supposed to be taken etc. can also lead to accidents.